The year is 2022 and the short answer is 1000% yes! As the world continues to develop and ever change, we have become so reliant on everything digital including how we represent our business and promote the products and services we offer.
So I suppose the more important question is how good does my website need to be and what does that mean?
It’s vitally important when promoting your business through your website that it represents who you are and what you do. Whether you are a one-man-band or a global corporation with multiple offices across the globe, you need to get your point across to potential customers and clients clearly and the services or products you are offering.
Start by ensuring you are in the 21st century with a responsive website, meaning your website works just as well on mobile and tablet devices as well as desktops. Did you know the majority of websites are now viewed on a mobile phone rather than a desktop? You should also ensure your website supports cross-browser compatibility, meaning anyone and everyone are able to see your website no matter what device or browser they are using.
Other factors that businesses are also focusing on this year are accessibility, live chat, and videos! Basically, if everyone has the option to view your site, including those with accessibility needs or access to only one device, your potential pool of users will expand meaning more room for potential clients and customers to convert and for your business to grow!
How would you pick out a good website?
- UX design is key. Your website needs to be informative, attractive and responsive. The user experience is key to converting users to fill in contact forms, send emails or pick up the phone
- Have a good brand identity. What does your brand look like and stand for? Is it outstanding compared to other competitors and do you follow your brand guidelines?
- Content needs to be consistent, clear and have good SEO value for search engines using keywords relating to your business.
- Page speed is a massive factor in googles value of your website as well as a good user experience. If your website takes ages to load its likely that users will back off and look at competitor sites instead.
- Clear and obvious call to actions for conversions. Do you have easy access to complete forms or send emails to a direct contact? Users may want to get straight in touch and should have the option to do so, otherwise, if the journey is difficult they may get bored and look elsewhere.
If you’ve read the above and think your website is behind in the times then get in touch with us to see how we can help your business grow and expand. You can also take a look at some of the fantastic websites we’ve built in the last year or so.